29 January 2015
1. I absolutely loathe the Summer and I'm not at all looking forward to the warmer months ahead. I'm hoping to cure that by spending next summer in Italy and Greece so, here's hoping.
2. I am terrified of any creepy crawly or winged thing, especially spiders. And butterflies.
3. I have 00 (10mm) gauges in my ears, something I did as a kid in highschool that I can't really "undo".
4. My all time favorite food is an even tie between pad thai and chips and salsa from my favorite local Mexican joint.
5. Whenever I stretch, my shins/calves crack in the weirdest place. I can't even pinpoint exactly where it is but without fail every time...
6. I cannot under any circumstances eat a tomato or cucumber seed. Even if you hide it in a salad or cheeseburger, I will taste it and I will gag.
7. My favorite color is blue.
8. Hairbrush? Don't own one. I never ever brush my hair. I just go to bed with it wet and let it do it's thing.
9. I collect coffee mugs.
10. I rarely drink, but I do tend to get pretty wasted every once in a blue moon on a random occasion.
11. I'm impervious to spicy food. I've never had sometime that was too spicy and I always order alllllll the stars.
12. I LOVE to sing. I'm always singing. Not to say that I'm any good, I'm actually quite awful. But singing puts you in such a good mood, how can you not!
13. I have a weird way of overusing commas because I use them as dramatic pauses.
14. I have a freckle on my nose that everyone always thinks is dirt.
15. My favorite books hands down are A Trip to the Stars, The Forgotten Garden and The Magicians trilogy (that counts as one!).
16. At this moment, I work at Boeing. Like on airplanes and stuff.
17. I've never broken a bone.
18. For some weird reason I pretty much only have nightmares. Every single night.
19. I teach ESL twice a week at my local Goodwill Center and I love it. It makes me so happy sometimes I leave at the end of class and just want to cry.
20. I've been in one relationship which I ended two years ago and I've never been happier. I am so happy being single and living for myself that I couldn't imagine living any other way.
I would love to learn more about all of you, tell me something interesting about yourself!
Labels: ABOUT ME
28 January 2015
Ever wanted to relive the boat scene caught in the rain from The Notebook? This is your spot! A 170 acre preserve with 80 acres of the blackwater cypress with tons of boat and walking trails. I never thought I would combine the words 'beautiful' and 'swamp' together in one sentence but this place makes that easy. Plus there's wildflower fields, beautiful looming trees and spanish moss. B-E-A-UTIFUL!
John Rutledge House Inn
A beautiful piece of history turned into a bed and breakfast in beautiful Charleston. This inn is the only home of a signer of the Constitution of the United States that now serves as a historic landmark and a bed and breakfast. The details in the architecture, lovely period colors and overall great location of this inn makes it a top contender of places I would stay in Charleston. Not to mention it was voted as one of the best hotels in the United States and the World on more than one occasion.
One of Charleston's historic neighborhoods with rows and rows of colorful houses. There are tons of different stories as to why this particular row of homes were painted so vibrantly, just ask a local and see which story you get. While these are still private residences they are one of the most photographed attractions in Charleston. So bring your camera and stroll around this old world charm neighborhood!
Wild Flour Pastry
I'm not even that much of a sweet person but I'm a sucker for a beautiful pastry. Half the time I end up not evening finishing them but the deconstructed comfort desserts made by the fantastic pastry chef at Wild Flour Pastry look too good to pass up.
Located in Myrtle Beach these gardens are not just any gardens. They have a zoo, some beautifully eery cemeteries, tons of art exhibitions and class PLUS boat rides! There's so much to see and I could definitely see myself exploring everything Brookgreen has to offer for a good couple of days before I would have even close to seen everything. And you all know I love a good cemetery.
Jack's Cosmic Dogs
What's more all American than a 50's style hot dog diner? Pretty much nothing. I saw Jack's Cosmic Dogs on one of those Food Network shows and knew I had to add it to my list. Not only is this just my era, but I mean hot dogs? Fresh cut fries? Draft root beer? Vintage long neck sodas? I love places like this. So photogenic and nostalgic. Makes me want to go to the drive in!
Are there any places in South Carolina you would recommend? I'd love to hear them!
Labels: WANDERLUST WEDNESDAY
27 January 2015
This was kind of an unplanned post but when I inadvertently got rid of all of the bumpy skin on the back of my arms and legs and THEN cured my sister of the same problem - I decided I had to share. Lately, (meaning the last couple of years) I've noticed that the skin on the back of my arms and on my legs was starting to become dry and bumpy - almost like eczema - and no matter how much moisturizer I applied, nothing fixed the problem. Eventually I gave up trying to remedy the situation and chalked it up to my aging body (existential moment here), I decided that I was just losing the beautiful skin that comes with youth and that I'd have to get used to it.
But then one glorious morning I ran out of the body wash I usually use and by complete chance I grabbed this Tea Tree Oil Body Wash by The Body Shop out of my little skincare arsenal. So, I did my thing in the shower and went to bed. The next day I was curled up with my sister on the couch and I kind of wrapped my arms around myself and instantly noticed the difference in feeling.
The back of my arms were completely 100% smooth, every single little bump was gone. I ran to the bathroom and examined the back of my legs and noticed a huge improvement. I used this every time I showered for a little over a week and I am happy to say that the back of my arms and legs are now completely smooth and bump free. I don't know if it's only a Winter thing that causes my skin to freak out or if my skin is just changing but either way, I will always have this bad boy on hand. In high school I was a big believer in their Tea Tree Foaming Cleanser and I'm thinking about picking it up again. The best part? Both of these products are usually on sale for under $8 (normally only $13 each).
Given my little revelation I've decided to have a little giveaway! I will be giving away a $30 gift card for one lucky winner to spend how they wish at The Body Shop, unfortunately US only this time (sorry international readers!). I think you all know which products I would suggest. I'm also a HUGE BELIEVER in their Lip Care stick. It's the only chapstick product that I've completely used up more than once and continue to purchase on a regular basis.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
23 January 2015
These are some photos I took on a little mini road trip up North last Sunday. We drove a couple of hours in the fog and rain up to Lake Diablo, spent about 30 minutes there and then turned around and came back. Somehow it always seems to end up that way, we always spend so much more time on the journey than we do at the destination. You know how sometimes you're so tired you just want to go to bed but you're too tired to make yourself get up off the couch? That's how I feel right now. Drained and so, so tired. I hope you all have a fantastic weekend! Make sure to follow me on Instagram to keep up on my newest snaps like the ones above. Happy Friday!
A sweet moment with Betty White that will probably make you cry.
Okay, I tried this and I looked fucking ridiculous. Thoughts?
A campaign from Dove with a great message.
Applying for this travel credit card ASAP!
Real life photos that look directly out of a fairytale.
And your weekly dose of cute.
20 January 2015
Whimsical and surreal, if you're looking for some stunning Milky Way photos or photos that make you want to live amongst the stars and the moon - this is your spot. I even use one of Aaron's photos as the background to my phone's home screen.
A photography from my very own backyard! Vitaly takes the most beautiful cool tone portraits and and wildlife photos. Makes me nostalgic for weekends off when I can spend time exploring my home state.
More beautiful, cool toned photography. Maggie takes some baking tablescape photos that will seriously make your mouth water. And make you wonder how the hell she reads any recipes in that lighting AND where did she get that beautiful wood table? *sigh*
More surreal photos that will make you want to cry. Beautiful nature shots that will ignite the wanderlust inside of you and make you want to travel to all of those gorgeous places and recreate all the feels that these images inspire.
Any instagram accounts you guys love? I'm always looking for new inspiring people to follow! Be sure to follow me @kayticlayton and comment your usernames below so I can check out your guys' pages as well!!
Labels: WHO TO FOLLOW